9 HOMEMADE CLEANING RECIPES MADE WITH VINEGAR, BICARBONATE OF SODA AND CITRIC ACID
- Fill a large measuring cup with 2 cups of VINEGAR and let it sit on the top rack of your dishwasher.
- Run a complete dishwashing cycle (using hot water).
- Sprinkle BICARB throughout the bottom of the dishwasher and run the dishwasher again. Your dishwasher should look nice and clean.
- Create a paste with BICARB and a small amount of VINEGAR.
- Use your fingers to apply the paste to the stained area.
- After it dries overnight, vacuum up the remnants.
Note: Test on a small spot first to make sure it doesn't damage the fibres.
Make up a solution of equal parts of VINEGAR and water, and add some lemon juice or 10 drops of tea tree oil. It’s a bit more watery than the usual kitchen spray, nonetheless it smells fresh and degreases effectively.
- Coat the inside of your oven with a paste of BICARB and water.
- Left for at least an hour, preferably overnight.
- Wipe with a damp cloth using a mixture of equal parts water and VINEGAR.
- Sprinkle BICARB in the grout, then spray VINEGAR over baking soda.
- Allow the VINEGAR to react to the BICARB before cleaning the grout – use a cheap toothbrush to scrub the grout and then a rag to wipe up the dirt.
- Add about 1/2 cup of BICARB in place of your regular laundry detergent. Then add VINEGAR in place of fabric softener during the rinse cycle.
- Dry normally and you will notice your towels have a brand-new freshness.
- Pour some CITRIC ACID into the kettle - about a heaped tbsp, and add about an inch of water, so that the base plate is covered.
- Switch on the kettle and as it heats up, you will see the limescale fizzing as it reacts with the acid. let it cool and wipe it down with your clean cloth.
- Pour a mixture of one litre of hot water and two tbsp CITRIC ACID into a clean spray bottle and shake it well.
- Spray it onto the dirty surfaces. Deal with any difficult-to-deal-with stains by soaking a clean cloth or towel with the mixture and pressing it to the surface.
- Leave it for a couple of minutes and then rinse the entire surface.
Make a hot solution of CITRIC ACID and leave them to soak for 10 mins before washing as normal.